After, over four decades of involvement, in nearly all aspects of leadership, and/ or, planning, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, I have come to realize, and believe, although, many things can be taught/ trained, etc, one thing, which cannot, is perhaps, the most necessary aspect, COMMON sense! In fact, common sense, generally, ends – up, being far – less, than common, but, often, one of the rarest of commodities! Although, professionally designed, training, is important, and often, makes the difference, between, the finest. true leaders, and the rest – of – the – pack, how one makes decisions, and whether, it seems to be logical, rather than an attempt, to merely, reinvent – the – wheel, may be, even, more relevant. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Character; caring; coordinate/ cooperate; clarity; creative: Great leaders possess exceptional, quality of character, and are truly, caring, about their organization, and its stakeholders! They, consistently, prioritize, coordinating others, for the greater good, and emphasize cooperation, instead of polarization! Their message attempts to provide clarity, and direction, and they are ready, willing, and able, to think – outside – the – box, creatively, when it benefits their group!
2. Options; opportunities; organized: It’s important, and necessary, to maintain an open – mind, and consider a variety of options, and alternatives, seeking the finest, quality opportunities, in a meaningful, organized way!
3. Motivating; make mark; meaningful: Instead of empty rhetoric, and promises, a great leader provides meaningful leadership, which is motivating, to those, they serve and represent! How else can one, make his mark, for the better? Doesn’t that make sense?
4. Mention; manner: For most people, their favorite sound, is the sound, of their own name, and voice, so a smart leader mentions and thanks others, for their participation, and assistance, consistently! A leader’s manner, and the way, he treats others, either, will attract, or turn others, off!
5. Original: Instead of trying to clone others, or copy someone, it is better to be the best, original, you possibly, can be! When your sincerity, etc, and desire to make a difference, for the better, everyone benefits!
6. Needs; name: How can anyone, feel a leader cares, until/ unless, a leader learns, and uses their name? How one addresses, and focuses on needs, differentiates, the finest leader, from the rest – of – the – pack!
When/ if, COMMON sense, stops being, so rare, the ability to become a truly, great leader, is multiplied! Do you have what it takes, to become one?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe