Many believe, our fear of failure, is dominant, in terms of why, we proceed, in certain ways. However, in more cases, than not, it’s not the fear of failing, but, often, succeeding, which is responsible for, how we respond, and proceed! Either way, why do we permit our FRIGHT to control us? Wouldn’t we be better served, if/ when, we automatically, sought to transform lemons, into, lemonade? When one faces one of life’s obstacles, most treat these as problems, when a better result, would come from, considering these, as challenges, to overcome! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, why it matters, and how, it’s up to each of us, to determine, our mindset, attitude, and response.
1. Face facts; foresight; fears: One of the greatest dangers, most of us face, is the tendency to procrastinate, when, well – considered, proactive behavior, would be far more beneficial! When, we proceed, with the foresight, to face the facts, rather than succumb to our fears, our positive possibilities, become endless, and overcome the natural tendencies, which create further challenges, etc!
2. Relevant; realistic; rationale: Responding to fears, in a relevant, realistic manner, and maintaining a positive rationale, and a can – do, attitude, is the best strategy, to move forward, effectively, rather than becoming one’s own worst enemy!
3. Integrity; imagination; ideas; inspiring: Never lie to yourself, because, unless/ until, you consistently proceed with absolute integrity, you minimize your possibilities! Expand your imagination, and consider various, viable options and alternatives, to provide quality possibilities, and ideas! Will you proceed, in a personally, inspiring way, or, a potentially, damaging one?
4. Growth; greater: The only way, we can become greater, personally, is to seek to maximize the degree of your personal growth, in the most beneficial way, and focus on the reasons, you can, rather than why you cannot!
5. Head/ heart; healing: Overcoming your fears, takes many factors, and actions, and must use, the finest aspects of, both your emotional, and logical components, in a head/ heart balance! You begin your personal healing, when your goals, and aspirations, begin to outweigh, your focus, on failing, and what might occur (from a negative perspective)!
6. Tell truth; time – tested, timely: Be honest with yourself, because unless/ until, you tell yourself the truth, you can’t become the best, you can! Constantly seek to improve, and learn relevant skills, facts, etc! Learn from both, your experiences, as well as the time – tested, knowledge, of others! Avoid procrastinating, and proceed, in a well – considered, timely manner, always!
You can let your fears, and FRIGHT, control you, or learn to, and commit to, overcoming these, in your own best interests! Do you really want to become, the best you can?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe