One of the key reasons, there are far – fewer, real leaders, than individuals, holding some position of leadership, is few groups, take the time, and make the necessary effort, to effectively train, and develop these individuals! For more than four decades, I have identified, qualified, trained, and developed, thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, as well as, on several occasions, served, personally, as a leader. The reality is, there are no born – leaders, and, no matter, how effective, and/ or, successful, one is, in other components/ activities, of their lives, becoming a quality leader, requires a number of assets, including attitude, aptitude/ skill – set, etc! However, the most relevant, effective, successful, sustainable organizations, realize, how important it is, to effectively, train, and develop, their leaders. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, review, examine, and discuss, 5 key steps, in this process, and, why they matter.
1. Professionally designed, leadership training program: To address the challenge of creating better leaders, the most effective groups, consistently, depend – upon, developing, and using, professionally designed, leadership training programs. They realize/ recognize, a leader needs to be trained, in a professional manner, if he is to make a true difference, for the better! Instead of trying to reinvent – the – wheel, one must proceed, with, well – deserved, self – confidence, in order to be proactive, instead of resorting to procrastination!
2. Regularly review, administer, update, analyze, etc: Times change, and, therefore, successful organizations, must be ready, willing, and able, to evolve, accordingly, Leaders must regularly, review, and analyze, the specific group’s strengths, and weaknesses, in order to use every strength, and address every area of weakness! It takes a combination of reviewing, quality administration/ planning, updating (when necessary, hopefully, in an evolutionary, rather than revolutionary manner), and thoroughly, analyzing, the best course to take. These skills/ abilities/ assets, generally, require meaningful, effective planning, and training, on a regular basis!
3. Regular, periodic, actual/ true, strategic planning: Although, most have heard of it, few groups, undergo, regular, periodic, actual, strategic planning. In fact, I have come to believe, this is largely, because, most aren’t trained, to understand, what’s involved, nor, are they willing to take the time, and make the effort, needed, and necessary!
4. Well – considered, action plan: Effective, strategic planning, must culminate – in, perceiving, and conceiving of, creating, developing, and implementing, the finest, relevant, well – considered, action plan! To achieve this, means, setting goals, priorities, etc, focused – on, aligning the right leaders, with the necessary actions, etc!
5. Identify, qualify, train, inspire, and motivate the finest, future leaders: One isn’t acting, as a real leader, unless/ until, he emphasizes, identifying, qualifying, training, inspiring, and motivating, the right set of future leaders, to bring your group, forward, in the most relevant, sustainable way!
Many studies show, those organizations, who take leadership training (based on true planning), seriously, are most sustainable, etc! Will you bring your group, forward, into the future?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe