The United States is an extremely, partisan, political nation, where, for many years, has become, even – more, so! While, there are usually, several ways, to proceed, which might make sense, certain issues, must transcend these politics, if, we are to remain, the land of the free, and the voice, for equal justice, and human rights, throughout, the world! Shouldn’t our public, and elected officials, put Americans, first, and serve and represent, our best interests, rather than their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest? Unfortunately, in recent years, we have witnessed, an over – use, of political labels (which, often, aren’t accurate, meaningful, or serve any true purpose), rather than, having public discussions, which are probably, well – past – due! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things/ areas, which deserve and demand, more emphasis, on service, representation, empathy, and seeking a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good.
1. Public health and safety: What could, and should, be more important than, the finest, public health, and safety? Unfortunately, for the past year, we witnessed, what occurs, when it seems, our public leaders (or, at least, certain, powerful, individuals), were, either, not ready, willing, and/ or, able to prioritize that! Should a nation, which often, considers, itself, the finest, in the world, consider quality, medical care, and health care/ insurance, be, merely, possible, and a privilege, or, an actual right? Statistics, clearly, indicate, certain minority groups, and lower socio – economic, means, have suffered, even, more, than the rest of us! With, about 4.5% of the world’s population, what does it say, that, the United States, has experienced, about 25% of the cases, and 20% of the fatalities? Since, over 500,000 Americans, have, now, perished, from this pandemic, doesn’t making this a non – partisan, priority, make sense?
2. Constitutional guarantees: How can we brag – about, our great, Constitution, if/ when, we don’t protect, and guarantee, all of the rights, and freedoms, instead of, merely, selectively, doing so? Isn’t it hypocritical, to demand the vague, 2nd Amendment Rights (to the maximum), when, trampling some of the 1st Amendment, ones? This nation must protect, all rights, freedoms, and the concept of equal justice, for – all!
3. Living conditions: Shouldn’t we better than we are, in terms of, ensuring, all Americans, lived, in safe, quality, living conditions, which provided, clean air and water, heat (and hot water), and safety?
4. Medical treatment/ health insurance: How can we provide, quality health care, for – all (regardless of their incomes, etc), unless/ until, we reform the way, our medical system, works, and costs, associating with quality health insurance? Those, who refer to health insurance, as socialist (generally, misusing these terms), either don’t care, or realize, we are the only nation, in the free world, which doesn’t provide, some sort of protection, for – all!
5. Equal treatment: Shouldn’t all our citizens, receive, equal treatment, and justice? Simply, trying to deny, the existence of systemic racism, doesn’t make it go – away!
Wake up, America, and demand, public officials, serve us, instead of themselves! Will you become a more responsible citizen?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe