Becoming, the best, one can be, is, often, frustrating, as well as challenging, because, it takes a combination of skills, knowledge, attitude, patience, discipline, consistency, etc! Most of us, seem, either, unwilling, or not – ready, to give ourselves, a thorough, comprehensive, objectively – introspective, check – up, from the neck – up, and, without doing this, it is even more challenging (if not, nearly – impossible), to make personal changes, and choices, for the better! Although, there is no such thing, as one – size – fits – all, when it comes to the best personal approach, to self – help, this article will attempt to, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things, which often, interfere, with meaningful, effective ways/ approaches/ techniques, to help ourselves.
1. Fears/ failure; success and loss: Some lose the battle to their fears, and/ or, how they handle and confront these! There are various types of fear, and things, which make us, afraid, including, fear of success, failure, and loss, etc. Although, we often, discuss, fearing – to – fail (fear of failure), which means, being afraid, we will be unsuccessful, in any specific pursuits, I believe, often, our greatest challenge, is, to overcome our fear of success! This means, perceiving, if we are successful, it risks, raising future expectations, and creating, a path, to undesirable stresses, etc! Some are hampered, by their apparent fixation, on losing, and loss, in some, and/ or, several areas!
2. Perceptions: Whatever the mind of man, can perceive and conceive, it can achieve! However, on the other hand, if our perceptions, focus on all the reasons, we might fail, our approach, may be, self – limiting, and, often, counter – productive! The better we understand, why we have certain perceptions, and the impacts, the better chance, of, funneling them, to our best interests!
3. Attitude: You can think you can, or can’t. Either way, you’ll be correct! These words, often, credited to Henry Ford, are, informing us, how, whether one, proceeds, with a positive, can – do, attitude, or a negative one, are powerful influencers, in what we do, and whether, we do so, without an undue – degree/ amount of procrastination!
4. Aptitude/ skill – set: It takes a significant, personal commitment, and discipline, to proceed, with developing, a personally – relevant, aptitude, and skill – set, and discovering, how to use these things, to our best – avail!
5. Commitment/ discipline/ persistence: One’s level of commitment, degree of discipline, and personal persistence, often, influence, and/ or, determine, happiness, health, and what we consider, success!
If you wish to help yourself, you must proceed, with an open – mind, and effectively, use self – help! Are you sincerely interested, and committed, to the necessary process?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe